Well we’ve all seen the Franklin Mint “Commemorative Coins” advertised on TV, but they aren’t the only brand aligning themselves with the Obama phoenomenon:
- This Friday Pepsi brand ambassadors will be roaming the streets of Washington handing out samples and branded badges and scarves bearing various “Obamaisms” like “hope” and “change”.
- Ikea has installed its own version of the Oval Office inside Washington’s Grand Union Station. The installation matches the look of the room but uses Ikea furniture.
- Quaker Oats is supplying oatmeal to 11 bloggers’ parties to promote a campaign to feed 1m low income families.
- Dunkin’ Donuts has launched a limited edition “Stars and Stripes” donut for the week of the inauguration.
- Shopping TV network QVC is broadcasting during an inauguration ball hosted by actors’ political group the Creative Coalition. This event is also sponsored by Pepsi. QVC will also sell memorabilia including Obama and Martin Luther King commemorative coins ($20) and a “Presidential” pocket watch ($90).