BP buying “oil spill” and other terms on Google
As consumers turn online for information regarding the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, BP is looking to do some damage control by buying search ads on relevant keywords, and by broadcasting its cleanup initiatives on a dedicated YouTube channel. BP is said to be putting between $600,000 and $1 million into its paid search ad effort and $50 million more on TV ads.
- BP buying Google and Yahoo search results on oil spill (newstatesman.com)
- BP Buys Top Sponsor Links From Google and Yahoo To Improve Its Image (lockergnome.com)
- BP Wants To Friend You On YouTube For Gulf Oil Spill (techie-buzz.com)
- BP Buys Top Google Result for “Oil Spill” (mashable.com)
- BP’s Social Media Campaign Going About As Well As Capping That Well [Bp] (gizmodo.com)